Thursday, March 26, 2009

Six Year Anniversary = Hippo?

Sunday was my 6th wedding anniversary. I know, I know, "Oh my god! Really? Is it that long? Wow, it doesn't feel like that long ago, but it seems like it's been a long time at the same time." That's how I feel too.

Anyway, my point is that my husband, whom I love dearly, hence the six years of marriage, does have one bad yet wonderful habit: When we say, "no big gifts" for any particular holiday, he often breaks the rules, and gets me something amazing. I know I should just anticipate it and get him something big, but he checks the bank account daily, leaving me with no way to hide my purchases! I know he doesn't care because he would rather get me something I love than get something, but I still feel bad.

While on the computer, I constantly show him things I like or cute pictures, expecting that he will buy me the dress I show him just about as much as I expect he will buy me the baby hippo born at the zoo that I show him. But he pays more attention than that, and thus he bought me a dress and a vase that I told him I liked. I'll have to be more careful in the future, but in the meantime I'll just show you my lovely gifts:

Anthropologie "Wights Sago" dress. I already have some weddings and showers lined up for this baby. I thought of wearing it to Foxfield for a fraction of a second, and then realized it would look better without Jim Beam poured all over it.


Wedgwood Tri-Color vase. The three color pieces are not as common as the two. This one is beautiful. Now I just have to get some flowers.

No comments: