Wednesday, February 4, 2009

She Bangs? Or Botoxes.

This article cracked me up. It's about how, instead of getting Botox on their forehead wrinkles, women are cutting bangs to hide them. They call them "Bo-bangs." I guess, if you can pull off bangs, it's a fairly cheap alternative to plastic surgery. As long as you don't go for the bizarro "I just did this myself, and, oh yeah, I'm 5 years old" super-cropped look. I have been against this look since childhood, when I gave myself an ill-executed haircut. It was not well received by my parents, and resulted in the destruction of my Hello Kitty safety scissors.

Anyway, the article reminded me of Valley of the Dolls when Jennifer attaches a "frownie" to her forehead to prevent her from furrowing her brow and creating wrinkles. So I looked up these Frownies, and found that they are very much still available. Despite being around for 114 years, they have had some very good press recently, including the coveted plug in O Magazine. A box of 144 Frownie patches is only $19.95, so I think I'm going to try them out. I'll let you know how it goes.

This also reminded me of a friend, who said that for her 13th birthday, all she wanted was bangs, and a chinchilla. Sadly, she was denied both at the time, but is now making up for lost bangs-time with her current hairstyle, and maybe some therapy.

No comments: